View Single Post
Old 11.03.2012, 11:53 AM   #1
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
I've always considered this album to be the one Flaming Lips album that I simply could not tolerate. They are such a great band, and that is SUCH a stupid cover and the title is SO fucking lame and the songs are so goddamn dumb that I've always thought it a miracle that they went on to make the music they did.. But the other day at work I needed something loud to drown out the sound of co-worker bullshitting so I could finish my reports and get the hell home, so I put on my headphones and played the album because, frankly, I've listened to all the others way too much at this point.
I was surprised to find that I didn't skip a single song (a first for this album since like 2004) and enjoyed it very much.

Its dumbness is charming, its obnoxious moments are fun, and there are a few really blissful melodic moments! As I recall, most of you bastards hate this band, but I don't care it's post-worthy that an album I've avoided and been embarrassed by for years suddenly makes sense to me.
Has this ever happened to you, with an album you wished didn't exist and suddenly started enjoying?

Saturday morning bored off my ass break from bed-reading post achieved. Meeting goals is fulfilling

E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|