View Single Post
Old 08.13.2012, 07:09 AM   #11
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
All relevant comments (though Rid of Me is a masterpiece).

Torrenters will find it easy to download and actually listen to it all.

I'm up to 550 and I think I'll stop.

--There's a bunch missing, and this is partly due to the inclusion of multiple albums by the same artist. Do you really need more than one Deep Purple album? And while this may ruffle a feather or two, I'm not sure one NEEDS to listen to every bleep Kraftwerk ever made. The 50s stuff is especially skimpy.

--There are the classics I had forgotten about. "Oh, yeah, Moondance is a great acoustic-soul album. Right, Hissing of Summer Lawns is a billion times better than Blue, etc."

--There are the little oddities I hadn't heard before. Os Mutantes was a special treat, and I'm really digging the folk-progrock-jazz grooves of Pentangle's "Basket of Light" album, which I didn't even know existed until two days ago.

--I get talked into listening to stuff I didn't think I liked. Most times, I turn out to be right (Iron Maiden does suck. I really tried to be as open minded as possible), sometimes I'm surprised (some of those corny country albums from the 50s and early 60s are occaisonally quite moving).

But considering the amount of stuff I've listened to recently, I'm underwhelmed. Is the past 60 years or so of popular music really so . . . I dunno, "okay" but not "great?" Or just this selection?
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|