Thread: Ask Pookie
View Single Post
Old 09.11.2006, 04:46 AM   #67
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sutcliffe
dear pookie,

i am really sorry for what i done in the past but they just wont believe me. what advice can you give?

peter sutcliffe, broadmoor.

Just tell them that the problem is that we are commanded to forgive and failure to forgive is a sin. We may treat failure to forgive lightly, but God warns us that it hinders our prayers.

If forgiveness is dependent on feelings, isn’t that unjust, because God cannot condemn us for our feelings. Our feelings flow from our thoughts and actions.

So many people say that they cannot do things because it doesn’t feel right. I don’t feel love for my wife and therefore I will leave her. The Bible says: Think what’s right and do what’s right and the right feelings may follow. Never use feelings as the sole basis for moral decision.
Let me know how you get on.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|