View Single Post
Old 08.17.2017, 10:56 AM   #352
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I like dem pencils.

New Wilco song stuck in head. I want them to write more overt protest music. Maybe not play it so subtle. Not that "ALL LIVES YOU SAY?" in bold, orange all-caps is subtle, but considering what they could be singing about, it kind of is.

You know how I've been kind of outspoken about overly politicized music in the past? Like RATM and the like? Phony asshole shit? Well, right now, I feel like it would be fucking amazing if more high-profile artists made more political protest songs about the fucking eighth level of hell in which we're currently residing. I don't care who... the bigger the better. Taylor Swift? Sure. Yes. Kanye? Yes, yes, yes, oh Fucking god please yes. Frank Ocean? Yes. Fucking Lady Gaga? I don't care. Bring the big name protests. Pile them on. We didn't need a cash cow rap metal band to protest... stuff... in 1996. We need EVERYONE protesting what's happening in the world TODAY. Fuck, make an Anti-Trump/Duke/"Unite the Right" compilation and put fucking DRAKE on that shit and I'd be all in. I'd be all for it. I'd gain some grudging respect for Drake.

Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|