View Single Post
Old 05.13.2014, 11:24 AM   #67
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
that new gobby record is insane, patten also pretty cool although the dude never seems to fully capitalise on his potential, he's almost consciously obfuscating to the extent that you want to sock him in the face. sensory rape is fun but not when it's just a total cocktease which would be better off with the ol thang just danglin' on out

[IMG]

fennesz - bécs [emego]

At this moment, Bécs is my favorite album of the year.
And patten ... SO GLAD to hear someone rep that incredible record. I agree that he's a scattered mothetfucker, and that he jumps from genre to genre and style to style on every track, but the album is more or less this:

1/2- modernized mashup of Depeche mode/early NIN industrial synth mixed with Shoegaze (of all things) particularly Flying Saucer Attack and MBV's slower moments

1/2- portishead/early tricky influenced trip hop, only hushed and spliced up like a Stones Throw joint.

But it's hard to pin down for sure. I would like to see him stay consistent for a minute, and show is the best of one of his styles, rather than sending down an avalanche of all of his musical identities at once.

Still, Estoile Nanaint is one of the best buns of the year as well. Hands mother fuckin' down.

I've started a daily blog to keep track of my constant search for new albums of the highest quality. I gotta say, this year has been great for electronic music/instrumental hip-hop etc.

I wish I could do a list, but I should probably be working.

Don't forget Swans! Oh, and don't forget Untold! Ooh, and Girls Names.... Surprisingly good album from them.

And fucking Ex-Cult.
And Mincemeat or Tenspeed
And.. Goddamnit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|