View Single Post
Old 08.01.2010, 11:46 AM   #56
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
As a former runner my biggest claim to a fame a 10 mile race with a 1000 ft incline at the 5 mile mark in 85.41 at 43 years of age not blazing by any means but I was happy with it. These days I just walk my knees are shot.
The best tip I can offer is to repeat Glice's training long run once a week, a couple of short runs and definately 2 or 3 days a week for rest. At first I used to run everyday for probably 2 years and then I found when I took the rest periods every week I was stronger. My only problem was I smoked to much dope so I ate like crazy and I never lost any weight when I was running which was a period of about 10 years or so. I used to love swimming to a mile a day when training but still because of the weed I never lost weight.

have you considered changing your way of running, to a "shoeless" style? sneakers make people land on the heel but shoeless runners (kenyans, etc) do it differently

http://www.boston.com/news/health/ar...ay_spare_feet/

i've been applying that to my treadmill (just some thing i do in between weightlifting days) & it'z zero back/knee pain.

swimming btw is does not promote weight loss but great hunger-- maybe it was that & not the weed that kept your munchies
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|