View Single Post
Old 04.30.2006, 04:18 AM   #63
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Yeah the Moog one seems a little expensive. I guess you are probably paying a little for the "Moog" name too. But damn, it sounds like it could do so much.

If I could go back in time, I would have saved a bit of money for the moogerfooger.

Here is why:

AS you know, a ring mod plays a tone X, controlled by a knob. It adds and subtracts the frequency value of that tone from whatever you play.

The Moog has a larger range of frequency's to choose from including very low ones that allow you to get pulsating tremolo sounds more than ring mod.

The moog also has an LFO- which basically adds square or sine vibrato to the internal pitch.

Not to mention that you can control everything with expression pedals or other CV devices. Nice feature.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|