View Single Post
Old 10.05.2017, 10:24 AM   #18
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Really? I kinda bought it.

I feel like a dick, but I've been scouring his catalog the past few days, and I might be able to put together a nice forty minute compilation, but that's about it.

I will say that his 80s stuff could've really, really sucked, but the production is a bit more tasteful than his peers. Kudos for that.

Oh, and I can't find it anywhere, but he did a version of "Running Down a Dream" on SNL that can't be denied. Fucking rocks. Sick of the song but the band was on fire. Saw it awhile ago and it really stuck with me. Maybe listening to some live shows will grow my appreciation.

Well, no question, he’s not the kind of artist that fits easily into a taste palette that is based on/around Sonic Youth.
Definitely a “best of” artist, but still... one of the good ones. Had a couple genuinely great songs, and a whole lot of really meh ones, but he was true blue.

He also voiced a character on King of the Hill — I forget the name now — which is one of his greatest achievements.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|