View Single Post
Old 07.25.2007, 05:04 PM   #15
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Abutments
I'm having a REALLY hard time with the new Meat Puppets album. I'm a BIG fan from waaaaaaay back and have seen them several times over the years. This album has NOTHING memorable on it except maybe "Disappear." "New Leaf" was already released on the Rykodisc "Classic Puppets" comp a few years back.

Definitely not what they're capable of. Even Curt Kirkwood's side projects Volcano and Eyes Adrift blow this one away.

I"m bummed. But with the return of Cris, who can complain really. I say, let 'em get the juices flowing again together. They're allowed one mishap with Derrick Bostrom not with them anymore.

Agree completely. I almost want to weep I'm so disappointed. I knew I should have just ignored its existance.

It's by-numbers Meat Puppets. And Curt's solo album may not have been perfect, but it had some cracking tracks on it.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|