View Single Post
Old 06.15.2010, 11:47 AM   #81
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i have, as i said elsewhere, continental loyalties, so i'm for brazil first, portugal second. i have other layers of loyalties beyond that, i.e., latin countries (in europe) over germanic ones (where i include the visigoth country, spain), and good teams (germany) over crap ones (australia). it's all very complicated and i can't explain it all in 1 paragraph.

That's interesting. Where do you stand with the US? I obviously support England but, like Germany, they're a difficult team for a neutral to get behind. They lack any real romance but you can't help where you're born. Needless to say, for two months every four years I'd love to be a Brazilian but for the other three years and ten months, I breath a sigh of relief that I'm not.

I suppose my 'second' teams are Holland and Argentina, while my 'pet hate' side is probably Italy. Just horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
this world cup sucks big time so far.

The first round is always like that. Everyone's too busy trying not to lose. The second round should see things open up a lot more. My only disappointment so far is that I've not seen enough from any of the underdog sides to makes me think we might be in for any kind of major cup upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
shit, i wake up to find out portugal went 0-0 against ivory coast? that doesn't sound promising at all...

You did well sleeping through it. Worst game of the tournament so far.

Slovakia really disappointed me earlier. They should've won but they seemed to want to just coast to the finish-line and were predictably tripped up just before they reached it by a far more up-for-it New Zealand.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|