View Single Post
Old 04.20.2016, 06:04 PM   #27
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Really love it also when it came. Havenīt listened it a long time, going to some of these days. Also should listen again Mule.

I have a real soft spot for '90s and '00s Tom Waits. I think he hit a late career stride with Real Gone, Alice and Blood Money. And I love the '90s material like Black Rider and Bone Machine. And of course because I'm human and have ears, I love Rain Dogs and Swordfish Trombones and so on and so forth.

But I don't think it was until Real Gone that I started to consider him one of my favorite artists of all time. Something about that album just floored me. It's urgent, and it's subtle, and it's mysterious and it sounds like a wild animal. The solo in "Hoist that Rag" just kills me. It's got this mix of bluesy soul, dirty hard rock and even bits of dub and punk. Almost sounds like it could be a Clash record at times. And something about that sound and feeling seems to live in Let England Shake too. And Hope Six.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|