View Single Post
Old 08.21.2008, 10:58 PM   #25
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
yeah ATR are sick bastards.
I live the album alec empire did with merzssssbowse!
anybody can remember the name of it, wann listen to it now!

it's live at cbgb's.

----
at the time i was first getting into electronica music, i was coming from the rock perspective, listening to prodigy and chemical brothers (and depeche mode but that's something else); i remember reading about atr about this time and i thought they were the most insane idea for a band ever, just amazing; some time afterwards, i listened to their collaboration with slayer for the spawn soundtrack (if anybody remembers that) and i thought was amazing, but i thought they were more of a jungle band. when i got burn, berlin, burn i was a teeny bit let down because i expected stuff like "no remorse", insane programmed beats, distorted samples and frenetic voices, i got the voices but then i heard tyhat most of it was sampled straight, guitar riffs from slayer and bad brains and the drum beats were pretty basic. i thought it was ok, not mindblowing.

then i listened to it again and i totally got it, they were punking out electronica, they said "fuck fatboy slim and all those virtuoso programmers and djs, we're just going to rip a ton of shit from know bands and shout on top of it" but the sound of it all is blood thirsty, it's not that it's amazing technically (it's not, 30 second wipe out is more musically adept) but it's rage was heartfelt.

a few weeks before i played my first gig as monosodic recently, i listened to this album and i realized i'm influenced by it, the cheap distorted drum machine programming, the way the songs are very basic and everything is dirty, it really had an effect on me.

a fucking classic, people will be reissuing this album on 180 gram vinyl and deluxe editions in ten years from now.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|