View Single Post
Old 10.26.2009, 07:13 PM   #14
el duderino
bad moon rising

el duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's asses
I like Embryonic and pleased they are now "wierd again" but I think some people are so over the moon at the change in direction / obscure german 70's art rock references that its blinding them to some of the obvious flaws of the record like,...WHERE ARE THE HOOKS!!

I got into the lips in a big way when Clouds came out and to my ears its never been beaten. Amazing and ridiculously catchy melodies backed by genuinely extra terrestial sounds and drug addled wierdness.

You dont need hooks for a great record and Embryonic is really good, but damn the flaming lips are the modern kings of huge melodies. To me it needs 3 or 4 massive tunes like "Pompeii am Götterdämmerung" or "Lightening Strikes the Postman" to hang the rest of the album on bfore it becomes this masterpiece that everyone is sayin it is.
el duderino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|