View Single Post
Old 06.14.2014, 07:51 PM   #4449
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Yeah, great game. After watching Uruguay and Costa Rica earlier I'm actually not that bothered about the loss. To qualify we need to beat both of them and I've no reason to think we can't. Uruguay were a massive disappointment, and even if Suarez plays he won't be fully match fit. And we have to believe we can beat Costa Rica.

But yeah, tonight maybe lacked the sheer amazement of the Holland-Spain game but it felt more exciting and in a way credible. Italy did edge it on quality. Chiellini was fantastic at the back for them, and I was impressed with Varatti(sp?). But I also thought Sterling was great for England and Sturridge definitely looks like there's more goals in him. Still not sure about Rooney though. But I said at the beginning that whatever happens results wise, I can't see England embarrassing themselves this tournament.

Bring on Uruguay, with their injured superstars and their bad tempers.

i think you guys will make it out of the group easily--and deservedly.

as a neutral party, i wasn't as excited with this as yesterday's great match. but still i thought it was really beautiful.

btw, sturridge was making chiellini suffer. especially in the first half (2nd half italy's defense came back more organized)

and i also think it was chiellini's knee that sent sturridge's hamstring over the edge (he was limping, yeah?)-- that should have been a yellow maybe but then the foul against balotelli should have been one too. so the ref was equally lenient and fair. refreshing!

sterling had a great night too. and he's only 19? STAR.

rooney didn't have such a great night but that goal was half his. such a well-placed ball.

it was great to watch two schools of football battle it out so distinctly. of course you know i love italy's style, especially under prandelli, but england kept trying and made it interesting and it was great.

in the end i think the thing was that pirlo > gerrard. (yes, i exaggerate, but there's something to it). and how brilliant is balotelli when he's not acting like a lunatic? he's extremely smart.

damn, this was so worth the wait.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|