View Single Post
Old 05.19.2006, 12:24 PM   #115
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
eddie vedder is one of the, if not the, most emotionally dead singers in the history of man kind. there's nothing in his singing, it's a void. whenever i hear his voice, or anyone similar to him, all i hear is "i have a cool voice, eh? i sound like john denver!!"

and why is radiohead doing things for the wrong reasons? what are those wrong reasons they're doing things for? and the way they look? do they have a super processed image?

now, so does sonic youth look wrong and do it for the wrong reasons? i guess, by most of the standards carried by people here, sonic youth belong to that category.
Agree with the Eddie Vedder bit.As far as Radiohead go,i put them on that list because they are a blatant example of white caucasian rock with a deep sense of guilt for not been ''innovative'' enough.My template for such a bold statement would have to be traced back to a very interesting interview i read ages ago with Asian Dub Foundation on an issue of the Wire magazine.On it,one of the guys in the band rightly points out the fundamental differences between the attitude towards music between ethnic minorities and white people in the uk.What struck me as being totally intelligent of this guy is how he states that ethnic minorities generally go for more technologically enhanced music because of the fact that the nostalgia generally attached to guitars is one for a past that was good only for the white oppressors of this earth, while the embracing of the latest technology in music making is generally more widespread in the black community because the future is the only thing to be longing for.Radiohead are one of those bands(and i want to point out that i am expressing my opinion within the loose parameters of generalization) that suffer from this ''white middle class boy with guilt syndrome'' that only complicates things further for genuine innovators(regardless of colour,sexuality or faith) out there.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|