View Single Post
Old 12.05.2012, 05:32 PM   #5299
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
It's really good (and was recently on Steam, on sale).

Turn-based strategy, heavy in tactics, squad customization and an "ant-farm" style base between combat missions.

So far, my sqaudleader Maj. Jico Jico and his Lt., Amy Pond are alien-killing machines. I nearly cried when Jico took a plasma-blast to the face, such is the investment you end up placing in your team-members.

My vidya game time is limited, but this has me enthralled.

I'd really like to get the new X-COM sometime, don't have the money to spend on it though. I've played the demo they have on Steam, definitely enjoyed what I got out of it. They made some changes from the original like, they made some I don't like, I think it'll be a good package.

From that steam sale though I went in with three friends and picked up castle crashers, that four pack deal, made it like 3 dollars. I'd played it on the 360 a few years back, and as someone who almost universally refers to the mouse/keyboard as the perfect control setup, CC plays better on the 360 I think. I really enjoyed the first half. But once you cross the ocean, I really feel the game starts to become kind of tired. The bosses especially feel pretty obnoxious, especially that corn cob boss. Alot of them just devolve into waiting games where you're just stalling and dodging crap until the boss makes himself vulnerable for like a second. Whatever, I still like it haha.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|