View Single Post
Old 01.18.2015, 04:58 PM   #67
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, I totally fucking forgot...
Has anyone else heard Tetsuo & Youth yet?

Because DAMN.

Having never been a true Lupe fan (I like him, don't dislike him, but generally feel that the universe doesn't need him because, all things being equal, he's basically like the imperfect missing link between Talib Kweli and Kanye West; born with neither the lyrical nor the musical/production skills to survive. Actually more like a little brother to those two, who keeps trying to wear both of their clothes and not pulling it off.

But it's a fucking good record! Shit!
“Mural” is going to be a hard pill to swallow for critics of his "nonmusical" style. I think it's kind of a fucking home run! Hopefully this will be a comeback, or if nothing else, a cult hit that alienates the shallower parts of his audience. It's less accessible, which is almost always an awesome thing for big rap icons.

(I like this, whatever it is. Won't have an actual hard copy til Tues., so I'm not sure whether this is official or fanart, but it's prbably not official. Too cool to be.)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|