View Single Post
Old 04.14.2006, 03:23 PM   #56
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
This brings up the issue of the definition of intelligence. Generally, whenever I use the term "intelligence," I'm not referring to 'academic' ability. It's more cognitive agility, perceptive ability, the ability to make linear connections between concepts.

Basically, common fucking sense.

The possession of which, I realize, is likely beyond one's control. I know I'm being unfair and hypercritical, but my awareness of my flaw does not prevent me from getting irritated. I know as well that I can surely seem ignorant on many occasions, so I know I'm being unfair in that respect as well.

Essentially, I'm an ass, and I know it.

HOWEVER

I suppose what is at the root of my agitation is not 'stupidity' per se, but close-mindedness and obstinance. Debating an issue with someone who refuses to see logic or acknowledge alternative viewpoints is the MOST INFURIATING THING KNOWN TO GOD.

And such a character trait is most certainly not genetic or accidental - it is very much a willful decision, and THAT'S what really gets on my tits.

One vindicating statement I will make is that no matter how much conviction I have in a stance, and no matter what medium I'm upholding it in, I will unfailingly acknowledge when I am wrong. I hate to be cliche, but true intelligence is not so much in what you know, but being aware of what you don't know.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|