View Single Post
Old 08.16.2007, 02:17 AM   #7
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
i agree with ya. the stones most def. created their own sound (i think zep did too, but im not even going to attempt defending that one cause i totally understand how it would be easy to dissagree with me), but i dont think they woulda been shit if they woulda started out as a band doing that sorta sound. the brits WANTED to hear the blues. thats why they freaked out when hendriz went over their, he was embraced over their as being a "real american bluesman", to where as here in the US, the "real american bluesman" didnt acknowledge him as such. least, most of them didnt.

thats one things thats awesome about them over there though, they seem to embrace new/innovative stuff before we do. however, the stuff they are ussualy embracing more or less comes from here. a band from america attempting to "create a new sound" or whatever, probablly has a far better chance of making it in england before he does in the united states (that includes new york...and of course, depends on ones intepretation on what "making it as a band" actually means).
"making it" is pretty hard to define because if you know the right people it's not that difficult to get a record out, however, it is difficult to get enough press and promotion to actually sell enough copies and tour successfully enough to make any money.