View Single Post
Old 12.07.2009, 08:51 AM   #184
Blue Eagle
empty page

Blue Eagle has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardbox
Fantastic gig... spent best part of two solid hours standing transfixed in front of Thurston... a kind of religious aparicion for a Sunday night. It was only the second time I've seen SY - the other time was at Pukkelpop a couple of years ago when they did the Daydream Nation thing. On both occasions the crowd seemed quiet - however I think there was a huge element of SY aficionados present last night who tend to take it in a kind of mesmerised trance rather than expressing it via the art of moshing. Dublin crowds are usually very much up for it - although there were a LOT of non-irish people there last night. Going nuts on a Sunday evening is tough when you are trying not to lose your job the next day... as a lot of us are at the moment

Interesting perspective on the crowd and well put. It was only my second SY gig so can only compare it to the show in London the other month, which seemed to have a slightly older crowd, who were quite prepared to sing along and mosh to the likes of DV69 & 'Cross the breeze. It was just a bit different last night, however I would definitely return to Dublin if SY come back next year.
Blue Eagle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|