View Single Post
Old 04.08.2007, 07:46 PM   #3
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
In 22 years of following SY closely, I can't think of anytime I've ever heard Thurston namecheck Joy Division or Ian Curtis. Of course that doesn't mean he isn't into them, but I don't think they'd be in his top favorite groups, since he is so vocal about what he's into.

Of course, I never knew Sonic Youth were into Gang of Four until I saw that they were going to be playing at a festival right before them, and they sound very excited to be announcing it. I doubt anybody could be such an important force in Post Punk music and not acknowledge Joy Division as one of the founders of the movement. "She is Not Alone" does seem potentially a bit Joy Division influenced too, now that I think of it.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|