View Single Post
Old 02.08.2015, 10:16 AM   #38377
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i got sidetracked yesterday and couldn't reply to a bunch of this:

indeed. that's a guarantee of a perpetual income.

but i'm curious about this french lawsuit... france is suing your restaurant???

Yes. We're located on the site of the French Cultural Institute owned by French governenment.

and with politics of austerity and everything...
french government wants to sell the whole thing, which includes a public park and our restaurant (the former kitchen of that palais on the picture).
So while we're not actually on french territory (it's not their embassy) the republic of france is our landlord....
and of course, for selling that object, it would be better for them without an inlcuding open-ended leasing contract with a restaurant.

speaking of all that jazz, here's a funny story from last year:
a group of political activists, we now refer to as the pizza punks, semi-legally occupied an ownerless former pizzeria. The owner of the building actually invited them to use the old pizzeria, because he thought a bunch of anarchos would scare away the people living in the upper floors of the object. But that didn't really happen after all.
when things got nasty,
the police operation to clear the building required 1.700 police officers. there were 19 activists in the house.

but yeah,
we'll chain ourselves to the soup-ladles.

Quote:
the thing with tv is, i don't know if it's just my diminishing IQ or a real objective thing but it has gotten so good that to me is the new literature. it is doing on the screen what only the novel used to do. mad men? breaking bad? sopranos? 6 feet under? some of that has some seriously good characters and stories. i'll go ahead and say it--it's good art. and yes it's formally quite conservative, it's not any kind of avant-garde, but nevertheless it's good art, like a XIX century novel.

lots of people think that way.
for me, i think it's a bit too time consuming for what I get out of it.

Quote:
never heard of the guy but that's a great quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
a thousand threads- did bernhard write frost? i liked that book

Yes, it was the first book he published. My favourite and a good starting point would be Extinction. A Decay.
"We’re often led to exaggerate, I said later, to such an extent that we take our exaggeration to be the only logical fact, with the result that we don’t perceive the real facts at all, only the monstrous exaggeration. I’ve always found gratification in my fanatical faith in exaggeration, I told Gambetti. On occasion I transform this fanatical faith in exaggeration into an art, when it offers the only way out of my mental misery, my spiritual malaise…With some, of course, the art of exaggeration consists in understating everything, in which case we have to say that they exaggerate understatement, that exaggerated understatement is their particular version of the art of exaggeration, Gambetti. Exaggeration is the secret of great art, I said, and of great philosophy. The art of exaggeration is in fact the secret of all mental endeavor. I now left the Huntsman’s Lodge without pursuing this undoubtedly absurd idea, which would assuredly have proved correct had I developed it. On my way to the Farm, I went up to the Children’s Villa, reflecting that it was the Children’s Villa that had prompted these absurd speculations (sic)."

Quote:
i've never had such thing as fantastic spatzle. i am however heartened to know that it exists.

not sure if I should go on a spätzle rant now, it might get emotional and I don't want to hurt the feelings of the fine folks from Swabia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
fantastic spatzle is very real. ooh man, i want some kasha. i like kasha.
Yes to all of these three sentiments.

Quote:
i'll skip commenting on iranian politicsin this thread but that vimeo with the pool was great-- will check out the other next

It was partly a bad joke anyways.
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|