View Single Post
Old 02.21.2007, 11:10 AM   #205
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
THROBBING GRISTLE IN LONDON

TATE MODERN , LONDON, UK

Saturday 27th May 2007

TG will perform a specially composed set in memorium and celebration of the life and work of english filmaker Derek Jarman in Tate Modern's Turbine Hall(tate.org). The Turbine Hall will hold 1000 people, seated on cushions on the ramp leading into the main Hall.

Advance tickets can be exclusively reserved by emailing TGUBERTIX with TATE MODERN clearly marked in the subject box. Tickets will cost approx £20 per person and limited to two per email address. Ticket applicants will be notified by email nearer the date when you will be charged. Payment will be via the PayPal system only.
The TG performance will be filmed and by purchasing a ticket you are granting permission of inclusion in these recordings and subsequent usage.

NOTE:
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS AN ADVANCE NOTIFICATION ONLY. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU PURCHASE OR CONFIRM YOUR TRAVEL PLANS AT THIS STAGE. THE WHEELS OF LONDON'S LARGEST GALLERY GRIND SLOWLY BUT TATE MODERN HOPE TO MAKE AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON OR BY 14TH MARCH. PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE REGULARLY FOR UPDATES.

INSTITUTE OF CONTEMPORARY ART, LONDON, UK

1st - 2nd - 3rd June 2007

TG return to the I.C.A. London (ica.org.uk) for a series of public 'Recording Sessions'.
Tickets are £30 per session (each session will be approximately two hours long) and limited to 140 people per session.
These sessions will be for a seated audience only.
Each ticket holder will receive a special limited edition poster commemorating their attendance of these sessions.

Sessions will be at 12pm (midday) - 2pm and 7pm to 9pm on Friday (1st) and Saturday (2nd).
Sessions for Sunday (3rd ) will be 1pm to 3pm and 4pm to 6pm.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE I.C.A. :THESE SESSIONS ARE NOT GIGS AND WILL NOT CONFORM TO THOSE TRADITIONS.
These sessions follow the previous working method's of TG in the recording of Heathen Earth (1980) and also signify TG's return to the I.C.A., the place TG officially launched themselves in October 1976.
TG offer you this chance to observe them in the act of recording in an attempt to demystify the process to a small audience and to TG themselves!
As a guide to those interested in attending, some sessions will be based around improvised musics, other sessions will be more specifically directed towards the recording of 'songs' and some sessions a mixture of both disciplines. Inevitably, due to the nature of these recording sessions there will be periods of necessary internal discussion, musical inactivity and technical fiddling, false starts, tea and toilet breaks may also occur. But these will be kept to a minimum.
These sessions will be filmed and by purchasing a ticket you are granting permission of inclusion in these recordings and subsequent usage.

I.C.A. TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW.
Applications for tickets are EXCLUSIVELY available by email from TGUBERTIX. Please mark the subject box ICA RECORDING SESSION. There is a limit of two tickets per email address.
Tickets are NOT available via the I.C.A. Box Office.
TGUBERTIX Payment is exclusively through the Paypal system.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|