View Single Post
Old 08.04.2013, 03:32 PM   #3597
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Ah, ok. I thought that bid was from Barcelona for some reason.

Luiz is one of the most improved players I've seen in ages. I hated him at first but I can't get enough of him now. Although in terms of Bayern he may represent the same dilemma as the one surrounding Martinez, in that they're both defenders who are probably better in midfield than in defence. In many ways a lovely problem to have but not if you're in need of a traditional 'thou shall not pass' central defender, a la Chiellini or Kompany or someone like that.

Saying all that, if you're just talking about someone covering for Badstuber, Luiz is pure overkill moneywise. He'd represent a much more significant reshaping of the defence. And if he was used as a LB, that'd put Alaba at risk who, in that position, I think is far better than Luiz.

How did Bayern's defence typically line up under Heynckes?

EDIT: There's a rumour that if Man U don't get Fabregas they're gonna put a bid in for Schweinsteiger, and I can't see Pep putting up much opposition if they do.

i think david luiz is great. not so much a classic central defender for sure-- more of a fullback. but that goal he saved in the final w/ spain would suggest he can do it all.

alaba can play fine as a winger (he does for austria) but he's no ribery (yet) and w/ david luiz there it would be a huge redundance esp. with alaba's youth. as for a ribery's replacement there is none-- shaqiri is left-footed and can play in his spot okay plus he kicks like a mule. maybe they'll sell shaqiri. though that would suck because he's young and uberstrong and could become really great. he just doesn't have ribery's genius for shaking off defenders.

usual defence lineup last year was:

alaba - dante - van buyten/boateng - lahm

contento subs for alaba, rafinha for lahm

alaba+ribery, lahm+robben on the attack

when badstuber was ok (early in the season) it could also be

alaba - badstuber - dante - lahm

clearly what's missing is badstuber, but even when he played he could be a little shit getting carded too often (he's got a temper).

hummels could have been a great fit, he actually came out of teh bayern youth system.

the thing is, pep can't do fuck all about who stays or goes-- he can ask, but it's the the club's officers (sammer, rummenige, et. al.) who pick the players- that was clearly stipulated when they hired pep.

buying thiago was an indulgence of sorts i suppose-- and my feeling was that he'd be competing more with kroos. bayern will sooner let go of pep than schweinsteiger though. it's a member-owned club and i think some things just won't be allowed happen (which is why i like the bundesliga).

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germa...-for-greatness
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|