View Single Post
Old 10.06.2017, 03:17 AM   #57
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I don’t love any Springsteen albums. Just songs here and there. Unlike War on Drugs, he knew how to make rustic pop sound interesting and energetic.

I know hip kids love War on Drugs, but I don’t understand why. It’s partially due to a huge void in the indie rock world right now. But I’d rather have no indie rock than piss poor boring indie rock that sounds like ambien (except ambien kinda gets you buzzed if you don’t fall asleep, so AMBIEN > WAR ON DRUGS)

There will be another “boom” for ‘80s music. Remember, the ‘80s underground had a really big boom in the early-mid 2000s with bands like Broken Social Scene, Deerhunter, No Age, Liars, etc. Lot of bands drew from Sonic Youth and Dinosaur Jr and Hüsker Dü and so on for a while. There was a brief shoegaze revival. It’ll happen again.

Until then just tell everyone that War on Drugs is the boring Drake of indie rock. Stupid awful fucking band.
Well, I think those Springsteen albums I mentioned, are more rock style than pop. Of course there are some pop songs too, for example Hungry Heart in the River album. Anyway the rock style is that I like. Still not ever been the biggest Springsteen-fan.

I don´t think bands you mentioned never achieved the greatness of those eighties bands. Hard to believe there will ever been any great "booms", I think grunge was the last one (it was not really the greatest one). Don´t also understand, why people seem to need to listen new music, there are made so much great music in the world, so I can live with that rest of my life. I still find every day new old great albums I´ve ever heard before.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|