View Single Post
Old 10.05.2017, 03:17 AM   #53
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Oh man, War on Drugs is the WORST. Holy Jesus.

I feel stupid for liking a song of theirs back in 2011 or so, before I realized they were just less interesting Springsteen + less interesting Dire Straits.

Listening to the War on Drugs is like slowly dying of old age to music. It puts me to sleep faster than ambien.
Their new album was the album of the week in the Radio Helsinki, thatīs only channel you can listen here. To me it seems at least Finnish hipsters it seems to be very cool now to listen all that plastic eighties shit, for example Foreigner. I hated that in the eighties and still hates it. Anyway I like still the stuff of Yes and Genesis (not all that Genesis made, for example invisible touch-song is horrible), but I really canīt understand, why the stuff like Sonic Youth, Nick Cave and the bad seeds, Minutemen, Wipers, Nomeansno etc. are not cool in this "eighties boom"? Well, they`ve played some SY and Wipers songs in Radio Helsinki, but only some. And what I am really afraid next comes nineties boom and bands like Rednex and Army Of Lovers become "cool". BTW I like Springsteen in albums Greetings from - Nebraska, also some his later acoustic albums, also Dire Straits in albums first - Love Over Gold. Brothers in Arms was/ is really boring.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|