View Single Post
Old 02.14.2013, 06:21 PM   #12
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
This is about a third of my collection. Therefore:

-There is no Kindle vs physical book battle

-The industry owes me a few free books. And a blow job.

ha ha, that's kinda like saying that a millionaire is allowed to steal a little extra to supplement his millions & the world owes him a blowjob. okay.

(there's tons of free books already from various legitimate sources btw)

just wanted to put the idea out there that piracy hurts real people, especially the people we supposedly admire. it's easy to call it "the industry" but behind that cop-out term there's an artist collecting royalties every time you watch a movie, buy a book, play a song.

i say this having pirated plenty, so you know, i'm not a cop, or a saint, but i think these days, with the wide availability and low cost of digital media, even through public libraries, and with the ability to even lend your electronic books to friends, piracy is no longer a democratizing way to make restricted information accessible to all, but rather just plain thievery, at this point.

but eh, just sayin'.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|