View Single Post
Old 08.25.2011, 04:49 PM   #227
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I have to disagree that Weeds is in any way related to The Wire.

Weeds is a comedy about some of the most repulsive humans you could imagine, that the corporates used 'marijuana' as a carrier topic for the show is kind of annoying to me, but typical. Didn't Weeds preceed Breaking Bad, also?

Sure, it did precede Breaking Bad. I didn't mean to phrase it that way. And I'll agree with your assessment. The reason I linked them all together is that they all are focused around the drug trade. And I guess that's where I'm a bit short sighted.

There's another strange thing. You call Weeds a comedy, which I'll concede that it is, but bizarrely, I don't find it that funny. I don't mean that to say it's bad. But I hardly ever laugh at it. Hell, I laugh more at The Wire than Weeds. Except for Kevin Nealon, he's amazing.

In any case, I guess what I meant by comparing them was how seriously each show takes its particular drug. And compared to heroin and meth, weed is kind of eh. Still a good show though.

Though one point against Weeds, I haaaaate that theme song. I can take almost anything, but I have to mute that intro whenever I watch it.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|