View Single Post
Old 09.06.2014, 11:40 PM   #1033
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Octo is good. Great yeah. But... I don't know. I guess that's like saying Nevermind is your favorite Nirvana album. I'd be like "uh yeah it's amazing. But there's better." First Come is better.

Yo did y'all watch SVDDXNLY yet? Amazing.

Aw come on bro, don't play me like that. It is not like saying Nevermind is the best Nirvana record. Or maybe it is , but who cares? You make it sound like I don't know my Keith just because it happens to be my fave.

And while there are a number of his records that I don't currently own, I promise you nothing could be further from the truth. I'm partial to his science fiction themed shit, but I LOVE Ultramagnetic MC's, and I love every whacked out alter-ego he's ever come up with. And yeah, my allegiance will always be to doc oc, because it's a sort of "meeting of the minds" at the perfect place and time. It's about more than just Keith. It's about all the brilliant input that lead to it being a kind of trip-hop horror-core record with production and beats that are better than anything else in his catalogue.

I love the Dr. Dooom albums mostly for Keith's insane rhyming, and the way they simultaneously mocked rap culture while and created timeless & brilliant rap records. It's the kind of genre critiquing that very few artists have been able to pull off, and I love it. BUT Dr Oc is way more than a great Kool Keith album. It's a great album, period. Even the instrumentals should be considered required listening. And if the instrumentals were all that existed, it would still be one of the best hip hop albums of the '90s.

Bro u hurt my feeeelings!!!! Not really but fuck it.

Black Elvis is siiiiiick
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|