View Single Post
Old 06.25.2013, 12:52 PM   #3253
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I can't disagree but, with a population of under 3.5m, Uruguay just doesn't have the luxury of being able to renew its squad with any kind of regularity. All you can really do is admire what they achieve with what little they have and, if anything, wonder why countries with populations and resources that dwarf theirs aren't dwarfing them on the pitch. I even take back my point about not being that impressed with them in this tournament. I don't think they're contenders to win but given their situation who would ever expect them to?

God knows how they do it. Their football culture seems unique, apparently one of the most intense anywhere in the world - I recently added watching a Nacionel-Peņarol game in Uruguay (while eating a chivito sandwich) to my ever-growing list of footballing must-dos.

That's some silly reasoning. More densely populated country doesn't mean a better team. The olympics is a perfect example of that. The UK came third on the scale of medals won, behind China and U.S.A and WAAAYYYY ahead of India.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|