View Single Post
Old 05.29.2015, 11:59 PM   #47762
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Nomeansno and Minutemen definitely have some of the same influences and interests. Minutemen, to me, are the perfect hardcore band. More so even than Minor Threat or Hüsker Dü. They were really something sick and twisted and special, and they rocked like hell. I'm glad you liked what you heard.

But did you check out the Punch Line? Or Double Nickels on the Dime? The latter has always felt to me like he Highway 61 Revisited of hardcore, though I have NO fucking clue how I came to to make that comparison.
From my friends I borrowed Minor Threat and Husker Du-albums, I think it was late eighties or beginning of nineties, never really get into them, always liked Fugazi more although even that hasn´t been my favourite bands. Going to check those others, they´re unknown to me (I think I´ve heard the name Punch line).

Edit: Sorry, I thought you asked about the bands called Punch Line and double etc. Now noticed they´re Minutemen albums too : ). Yes, I already thought yesterday I am going to listen that first album too.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|