View Single Post
Old 12.22.2014, 11:31 AM   #3658
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
That article is pretty funny... I like how it starts of v jokey but then chucks in a few serious ones at the end.

I dunno if I'm enjoying it. I'm not hating it - I would have stopped reading it if I was. Some of the threads I am really enjoying, and I think David Foster Wallace must really have been some kind of genius. It's weird cause I'm about 75% through and I recently read a lot of the negative reviews of the book (critics & on amazon) and actually it seems like I actually like the stuff that other people don't (e.g. the non-linear storyline, lots of ridiculous detail, lack of focus etc).

I think some parts are really profound, but what I like best about it is all the minutiae of non-profound stuff that is in some way really human.

What I don't like about it is that I feel like it might be some kind of emperor's new clothes style trick :S like am I just such a navel gazey pseudo academic pretentious faux intellectual show off wanker that I like the book just because I think it makes me smart????

Anyway, not that I care really since it's just a book I'm reading.

It's taking a long time but I am definitely reading it (contrast Moby Dick which I have tried to read like a million times and feel like I am enjoying yet I never get past about page 200).

I dunno. It's making me think which is good!