View Single Post
Old 02.22.2013, 02:28 PM   #2271
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
CAT POWER
Planet Claire Session
Aligre 93.1 FM
Paris, France
December 19, 1996

Set-list (according to etree): "In A Trance-Like State", "Back Of Your Head", "Moonshiner", "Wealthy Man", "Still In Love", "Ice Water", "King Rides By", "Clear The Room", "Enough".

This one has not circulated widely in trading circles, so I was pretty happy to find it in .flac format at Planet Claire's bandcamp.

http://planetclaire.bandcamp.com/tra...wer-1996-12-19

Thanks a lot! Not sure if I ever heard this one. The other two sessions she did there I have on bootleg CD, are one of my favourites of all her sessions (my nose is itchy) and has indeed been shared on Dime in the past. This one apparently never made it there. I did find the following short review though on the bot-list (of a recording she did a couple days earlier in Utrecht):
Here is a radio session on Aligre FM in Paris five days after this
performance on December 19, 1996. This was the first time she came in for a Planet Claire session on Aligre FM out of three sessions total, and definitely her worst. Has a major breakdown towards the end. Cries, ends the session. You
know, the usual. It's not great quality and is in RM format. So beware. There's some other good Cat Power stuff on there. But, I'll let you find that for yourself

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|