View Single Post
Old 01.20.2012, 08:29 AM   #36
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
Hayden’s top whatever of 2011 i’m not counting
Doomsday Student - A Jumper’s Handbook
Mr. Clinical Depression of Arab on Radar is back in another offshoot and its probably the best one yet. I need to listen to this album more.
Tim Hecker - Ravedeath, 1972
i really expected to be bored with this album but i wasn’t
Arrange - Plantation
at first listen i noticed that his voice sounded like that one guy that was in the Spill Canvas(did anyone listen to him outside of MN?) and the music had the general tone that defines the whole singer-songwriter/boring indie shit scene yet he had something I couldn’t get enough of, honesty. honesty and atmosphere. reminds me of the electronic version of early bright eyes(like Lifted or whatever i don’t know how early that is)
Ambarchi/O’Rourke/Haino - Tima Formosa
its exactly what you’d expect from this very likely trio but it kept my attention for something so long and sprawling
Boris - New Album
boris released a jpop album that is all
Pete Swanson - A Man With Potential
while not as impressive as some of his works with Yellow Swans he certainly throws back to their early releases with the almost-industrial backgrounds and assaulting noise
Satanized - Technical Virginity
skin graft never disappoints i might forget this album in a year but fuck man The Rites of Sodomy is great
uuuuuu - Of The Xerophytic Blooming
its like really faggy drone music but its really pretty and features the famous Adam Cooley playing piano
ASAP Rocky - LiveLoveASAP
the production on this mixtape is absolutely phenomenal. i love beautiful lou, clams, and purrp. i’m looking forward to rocky getting more writing experience so he can stop recycling the same 4 lines over and over
Ricky Eat Acid - Seeing Little Ghosts Everywhere
i fucking love Sam and pretty much anything he puts out. i think his music just gets better with every release. it’d be really sad and devastating but it “just doesn’t care enough”
everything Dominick Fernow had anything to do with
i saw Dom open up for Xiu Xiu in like 07(?) and it was one of the greatest sets i’ve witnessed in my short life. after that, i was hooked. the time’s arrow ep is fucking perfect and i literally heard vatican shadow for the first time last night but its fantastic. i think he’s one of the most talented and interesting people in the scene right now. keep an eye on him. p.s. he’s also really cute
Coma Cinema - Blue Suicide
i’d like to thank Sam and Omega for getting me into Coma Cinema and Mat for never releasing anything unlistenable. lyrically devastating. the first time i heard Wrecked i knew this was album of the year material
Grouper - A I A
this woman is absolutely brilliant and if this isn’t on your list i probably won’t even read your list. heart-breakingly numb and devastating. i just want to tell her how great she is and like hug her and say “it’ll be okay”
Alvarius B - Baroque Primitiva
record of the year for me. i wouldn’t even say this is “freak-folk”. Alvarius B just released an album of sappy folk songs you could listen to with your grandpa while sharing cough medicine
i know i forgot a bunch i’m sure but i really just wanted to post this and the best song of this year was Stupid Loser’s I Felt Like I Understood http://stupidloser.bandcamp.com/trac...-understood-it

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|