View Single Post
Old 01.24.2013, 04:51 PM   #17052
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
except for the pointless lens flares....

I think there are a lot of ways of judging a film, just like a book, or any other medium.

some films seek to purely entertain. Others seek to inform, or to portray history, or to create discussion, or just to scare the living shit out of you.

The films must be judged, as !@#$% says, on their own intent.

A movie like Ronin is a fantasy, purely meant to entertain. it cannot be compared on the same terms to something like Manchurian Candidate, which meant to enlighten as well as entertain.

If I list some of my fave movies, ones I would call perfectly awesome, they would include films that have no relevance to each other.

5th Element, Good The Bad & The Ugly, Waiting for Guffman, Die Hard...

4 different movies, all of which I consider perfect as is.