View Single Post
Old 01.02.2018, 04:08 AM   #452
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, Big Brave were amazing live. espec. doing their drone ambient stuff with guitar feedback. def. surprise for me this year. I checked their stuff after, but it was not as intense as seeing them live. recording of their set I did from Le Guess Who, where they participated in 12 hrs. drone thing turned out brilliant.

Prurient live was also great to see.

Sarah Davachi too (glad that after missing to make a recording of her gig in Vienna I managed to record her gig in Utrecht, which turned out to be a brilliant recording too. yeah 2 times for me this year. she is from Canada, so it was lovely to see her traveling Europe so intensively last year).

Thurston Moore live with the band + impro after long-ish time...da best.

Pissed Jeans + Protomartyr - so refreshing to hear and see a propper punk/rock show after long-ish time.

not as many gigs last year as I would wish, but it could be worse. few more memorable gigs from the top of my head right now. My Cat Is An Alien, Andrea Belfi, Wolf Eyes, Lawrence English, Okkyung Lee, Kara Lis Coverdale, Lee Ranaldo, have to mention _slavo_īs Casi Cada Minuto, he is always good live, oh yeah I really enjoyed The Ex live surprisingly, Sun Kil Moon...

then there were gigs where I was not sure what to think of them + pretentious + at times cool at times horrid. + funny, like f. e. Ben Frost, Shabazz Palaces, Princess Nokia, Visible Cloaks and few more...

pissed off I have missed GAS live (clashed with Thurston Moore / Hans Bennik) and maybe William Basinsky too (still havenīt heard his last album).

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|