View Single Post
Old 04.25.2012, 09:31 AM   #1298
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah, cahill's injury but also piqué, who for a moment looked like he was going to start seizing. fucking valdés almost broke his neck.

barça wasn't "bad", but their scheme was bad, they lacked an assassin to pierce through that defense, and when you looked at them they were all tiny guys running like mice around the area. i mean no disrespect by this, but shit, they didn't force things enough-- when they did they actually created danger, but instead they wanted to walk into the goal with the ball attached to their fucking shoes most of the time.

people keep saying "best team in the world best team in the world" but to me they are lacking a striker to resolve things. an assassin. and the problem is that villa has a fucking broken leg, and he can't be replaced. alexis sanchez is good but not "'best in the world" good. yes, yes, villa is tiny too, but most deadly. and without him barcelona is all testicles and no penis.

(ha ha, maybe im on crack)

ANYWAY, bayern also has a shitton of yellow cards; should they win (i doubt it, but you never know), they might be equally hobbled come the final.

tomorrow im watching in realtime. thanks, rupert fucking murdoch, for "foxsoccer2go"! :/

I think a balance needs to be found, primarily by the media. Like you, I've grown a little tired of all the platitudes aimed at Barcelona this season, presenting them as 'the greatest thing to ever happen to football'. It's become as irritating as commentators waffling on about 'samba football' every time Brazil take to the pitch. I've even grown a little tired of all the Messi love. Not to take anything away from him but he scores a shitload of goals in a very attack minded team compared with with the more defensive-minded Real that Ronaldo plays in and still manages to score just as many goals. But Messi is the more loveable, Barcelona the more likeable. I'm not saying Ronaldo's better than Messi, or vice versa, but I'd say they're a lot closer than the media likes to suggest. And Mourinho has already proven that his Real are easily a match for Barcelona this season. Real just lack the romance associated with their biggest rivals.

It was inevitable that other teams beside Real would eventually find a way to neutralise Barcelona's main threat, so it's now up to Guardiola to tweak things for next season so they present a new challenge, and so far the jury's out as to whether he's capable of it (or even whether he'll still be there by then).
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|