View Single Post
Old 10.12.2011, 05:35 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I'm thinking deeper in regards to causality here then just the "rebound" or on seizing upon gainful opportunities as they present themselves, rather perhaps I'm trying touch on something a bit more transcendental..

For example, even within relationships, we seek something more. Even when we have sexual partners, we need something deeper. Some kind of connection perhaps? But why? After all, "..maybe I'm expecting just a little bit too much from the wounded.."

We are all flawed individuals, we can't find some kind of "perfect mate" out there because no such thing exists, and yet, true, there are human beings we seem to connect with on some kind of deeper level the others. What I am getting at, is why do we inherently and almost perpetually seek this connection, even when it is hurtful or irrational?

The politics of the rebound are to simple for this discussion, and I am actually very much enjoying the company (all around, physical, spiritual, and emotional) of my current fling [sort of], however, I am trying to even understand why in the midst of my otherwise mature, well-adjusted, responsible, socially active adult life, I still find myself chasing after these women like a school boy? Even if as adults we do it in a more suave and sophisticated approach, internally its the same unyielding drive, but what is the cause? See without properly assessing the underlying causality, you can only keep field dressing the wounds with temporary bandages which bleed through quite quickly.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|