View Single Post
Old 11.09.2017, 02:28 PM   #83
NickSoulsby
little trouble girl

NickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's assesNickSoulsby kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainsbarre
I haven't posted on here in 12yrs. Used to be a "regular", but ya know, life goes on and on and on. Things change, etc. Still check it from time to time. Anyway, noticed Nick Soulsby posts on here. Having just received the TM book just gotta say cheers to you man. This is great and extensive. I'm also a huge fan of your writing on Nirvana. The website and the books. I look forward to whatever your next project is. Keep up the great, great work.

That's very kind of you!

The internet has created a situation where people mistake having the ability to speak with having something to say: I adore the work people put in to fan sites and comments sections because it's the exception and it's building something communal for/with the small groups who are genuinely interested - regardless of people who just want a place to say some rude words, be negative about everything, rip stuff down. I like to think I write from the same place: when I work on a book it's because I love the artist or the topic and want to dedicate hundreds of hours of night and weekend to it - the reward is getting to speak to sooooo many amazing people and to hear their stories.

It can be very hard to find a publisher. I was very lucky that Omnibus took a chance on the Thurston book - there wasn't a single major U.S. publisher willing to take it on (too niche - it'd be very different if it was Thurston's autobiography obviously.) Current book is on Swans and it'll come out on Jawbone Press next summer - same situation, loads of rejections for being too niche...
NickSoulsby is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|