View Single Post
Old 02.14.2013, 01:31 PM   #3
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i almost bought a kindle last december but ended up not doing it for fear it would quickly turn into a piece of plastic junk. good to hear maybe i did the right thing (sez you).

i got a kindle app in the macbook but frankly the one on the phone is too small to read comfortably for a long period. okay to check a reference maybe, or for a couple of minutes while waiting in line somewhere, but that's that. of course one could get a magnifying glass like this:

the ipad--- have considered, but haven't jumped in yet, prefering to save for a macbook air when they revamp. so far i read books in the computer just fine. plus the keyboard allows for easy copypaste/notes/quotes/pseudoacademic work. and while apps are convenient, i love the versatility of a keyboarded machine.

i suppose if i spent more time in trains/planes/taxicabs priorities would change making an ipad more desirable for me, but the phone and computer satisfy plenty at this point. i really don't know what i could use it for except read books but for that alone a kindle is more cost effective. hello recursive thought loop.

now, gotta say, with kindle cloud you don't even need the kindle app-- it opens up right on your browser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I love my iPhone

haaa haaa haaaa. toldja.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|