View Single Post
Old 10.30.2016, 06:09 PM   #6805
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
This is just... immeasurably good. Are you discovering it these days or is it a case of "I finally got it on such-and-such format because my previous copy sounded like someone spilled Pepsi all over it"? In any event, you don't wanna wait too long to get the 5CD Complete Jack Johnson Sessions, which features (among others!) Sharrock, McLaughling, Hancock, Cobham and Miles himself carpetbombing the studio with LOUD badassness. Plus, interviews with Robert Quine and Nels Cline! For once, the label's description nails it: not jazz-rock; ROCK-jazz, motherfucker.

Ah. I've never heard this. My dad has it, in his massive collection of Miles reissues and anthologies, but I've never listened. You've convinced me.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|