View Single Post
Old 01.11.2017, 12:35 PM   #61
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
my therapist doesn't even speak when i enter the room, i have to start. he will occasionally interrupt or ask me to clarify a comment, but in such a way that it makes a certain point or insight obvious. he manages to make the insights and connection happen by saying very little. it's all already in the unconscious waiting to come out.

they way he works is extremely clever. it's hard to describe how he does it, but he can make you suddenly see a connection you didn't see before simply by saying something like "that happened after x happened" or "and you said this earlier". it is what i expected it to be like after doing my research beforehand. he has a tendency to force me to pin down exact dates about events in the past that i talk about, which was unexpected. he wouldn't let me get away with saying that "event x happened when i was around 15 or 16", he will push me until i get the year and my age right, until i link it to other events i keep bringing up.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|