View Single Post
Old 02.14.2011, 12:54 AM   #17
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Amp/ EQ is important, certainly, but I really think that how you attack the string makes a massive difference. I play really fucking hard but I never break strings. Honestly, it's to do with how you attack a string. It's like drum cymbals - you can hit them really fucking hard, but there's ways of hitting them so you get a bigger sound for less stress on the surface. My guitar's been dragged around enough stages, over the years. It's a bit fucked, but not from string attack. Tone is definitely relative to taste, but thinner gauges will always sound tinny and crap, to my ear.

Yeah I see what you're saying. Time helps too, figuring out what works.

I do lots of bar chords and strum everystring, I have a real primal kind of style, rather than a delicate jazz/or referring to classic rock george harrison style. Only guitarist in my band, so Im always playing.

Now I do lots of breaks where I just play the E, A, and sometimes D string...for droney kind of stuff.

But what kind of picking technique are u referring to, when hitting it hard but without 'really' hitting it hard?

Like when you downstroke, letting the pick kind of move with each string rather than holdin the pick stiff?

Just curious.

Good thread.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|