View Single Post
Old 12.05.2011, 09:07 AM   #15292
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
oh yeah the passenger! I didn't know he directed that. Interesting list.. I'll have to give L'Avventura a try soon. (it's the first of a trilogy right?)

last night I saw Repulsion

I was speechless when it finished. Polanski is slowly becoming one of my favorites. The way it starts out... and how it just goes deeper and deeper into the mind of the main character. I love films that really dig into one character like that... and I wasn't really expecting it after about the first 30 something minutes. It's a very slow film. The camerawork is nothing short of impressive. Call me crazy but... doesn't this film sort of feel like a Lynch film in certain moments? ha.. just the mood it creates (I'm referring to the walls collapsing and the hands coming out of them... also, not going to give anything away but... the clock ticking!). I felt a little bit of Luis Bunuel in this one too. Highly recommend if you haven't seen it.

Yes, L'Avventura is the first part of a kind of trilogy, although it's hard to really see how the other two films (La Notte and L'Eclisse) make it such.

There's a funny little story behind the making of Repulsion. Basically, the guy who financed it was a bit of a shady type, really only interested in the horror/sexploitation market and when he saw the completed Repulsion for the first time is alleged to have said "I ordered a Mini and I got a Rolls Royce!".
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|