View Single Post
Old 06.18.2006, 07:53 PM   #38
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
I agree. The set's do look boring. They are playing way too much material off of the new album. I don't mind of course if they play a few songs off Rather Ripped, but almost the entire set list is from RR except for like 3 or 4 songs! That's not cool! I want more variety in an SY show. I .

dude what the fuck do you expect? it is a tour to support and release the new record, so OF COURSE the setlist is going to be a majority of the new material. on the Nurse tour, they played the entire record with 3 or 4 older tunes. personally, I'm excited to hear some NEW sonic live, rather then the same ol tunes floatin around, catch y'all at the Filter gig and on at Jimmy Kimmel (fuck pearl shit!)

and for the record

Reena
Incinerate
Jams Run Free
Rats
Sleepin Around
What A Waste

these are all top quality tunes, which still continue to impress me, and which I can't wait to see live. stop hatin on sonic youth. first the indie hipsters cant wait to see Jim O Rourke leave, and then when he does everybody cries "the new record sucks" get over yourselves. If Sonic Youth could quote Stewie Griffin, "I don't have to fucking impress you."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|