View Single Post
Old 07.29.2010, 10:52 AM   #51
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I've never heard that, which gospel is that?

Luke 2

22And when the days of their purification were fulfilled, according to the law of Moses, they brought him up to Jerusalem, to present to the Lord,
23as it hath been written in the Law of the Lord, -- `Every male opening a womb (lit. matrix) shall be called holy to the Lord,'
24and to give a sacrifice, according to that said in the Law of the Lord, `A pair of turtle-doves, or two young pigeons.'

It is therefore fundamental Hebraic theology (which is indeed contrary to the Roman doctrines which are highly disputed across Christendom) that Jesus Christ both be born of a Virgin Birth (Ezekiel's Door in the East which no man goes into but the Lord and only He comes out of it) but to be perfectly legal according to Moses' tradition, He must have also have opened the matrix so that the Law could be fulfilled through the appropriate Temple rituals. Interestingly enough, I realized last night that Solomon's Temple in the literature and context of the Bible is in fact a symbol of the Virgin Mary, not the other way around, which is of course why the Temple in Jerusalem stood and was rebuilt three times and yet when it was knocked down after the coming of the Virgin (who is the True Temple, the True Dwelling place of God) they left the rubble on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss

I was going to say that the whole "virgin" thing with Mary is just the church's way of keeping their "savior" clean of the "sin" of Joseph having fucked her, but others have said basically that, far more eloquently. But I can tell you that last Christmas, my family was having a religious discussion and my Catholic schoolteacher aunt mentioned something about her faith believing that Jesus and Mary were the reincarnation of Adam and Eve...

Now hold on here. Isn't reincarnation supposedly a lie made up by heathens? So their savior and his mom are the reincarnation of the mother and father of humanity, but the rest of us pureblooded (purity meaning filth) sinners from cradle to grave have only one shot at living a good life? Pure hypocrisy.

Interestly enough, Johnny Cash's "God's Gonna Cut You Down" is playing on the stereo next to me...

That's not true, the Bible (and many other writings and stories in the Church canon of Holy Tradition) speaks specifically of Reincarnation with the concept of John the Baptist and Elijah and Elisha, as well as several others in the 'apocryphal' traditions..

It seemed to me the entire concept of the Virgin birth is not necessarily to emphasize purity of Jesus, but rather the mysterious, supernatural and fully divine aspect of Jesus. If the story is indeed true, of a Virgin giving birth, there must be something seriously different about that woman and especially that Child. The very concept draws the attention of any who would have heard of it, it has just gotten so common place in our civilization that we are used to it, and it has lost its awe inspiring appeal, but to those not familiar with the tradition, the idea of a Virgin birth is miraculous and divine, not a kind of legal/puritanical baggage.

Of course, the very purpose of this thread is not to discuss strictly what I or the Church think or teach about the Virgin, but rather what Y'ALL do, so I very much enjoy the discussion.. Many folks have indeed seen the Virgin birth as means of purifying the savior from 'sin' and elevating him as a symbol of purity, though truthfully it is not very accurate, after all, I don't believe there is anyone hornier or more infatuated with lust than pubescent 13 year olds and I am sure the Holy Virgin Mary was not necessarily an exception, so for folks to believe in the purity from sin of Mary or Jesus simply because of a virgin birth, well that is not quite realistic is it?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|