Thread: The Evens
View Single Post
Old 02.26.2007, 09:19 AM   #20
mikec
bad moon rising

mikec has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
I'm really interested in the settings they played. Here they played at an old arts centre that's more of a hall. But I was reading that they've played in parking lots, churches, movie theatres, all these different places than the norm, as to get away from associating rock 'n' roll with pubs.

If anyone has seen them, or missed them whilst they were in your town but you know where they played, I'd like to hear about it.

Living in the DC area, I've had the luxury of seeing the Evens 3 times now. They were all fantastic shows. Once was a free gig in the middle of this field called Fort Reno that's been hosting free concerts every week of every summer for years. It's literally this stage out in the middle of a huge field. Fugazi has played this a bunch of times. The other 2 were at church halls. Very intimate settings but still intense as someone said. I'm too young to have seen Minor Threat and got into Fugazi just after they went on hiatus but I could imagine what those shows were like because Ian, even though he was sitting down, was just attacking his guitar and yelling his head off.
mikec is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|