View Single Post
Old 09.06.2017, 10:00 PM   #50106
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
the thing about Weezer is they were never really cool. Think about it. Even Blue Album, that was kind of a fluke. They weren't moody or edgy or anything. They weren't really like the bands that were popular even then. But they did capture lightning in a bottle with that album.

Pinkerton? I loved it. And it was weird, but it didn't sell well and was slammed critically at the time. It was only deemed "cool" in hindsight. It grew a cult following or whatever you want to say.

Green/Maladroit - still not cool. They sort of fit in with some of the shit getting play like Strokes, Jimmy Eat World, White Stripes at the time. But they more appealed to Weezer FANS.

It's never been exactly cool to like Weezer. But whatever. To me it's almost the thing where they care so little about being cool that they're cool. I bet their moms think they're cool.

I'm happy to say that they're one of my absolute favorite bands.

In a weird way it's things we've talked about.... trash culture? I don't know. To some degree I feel like listening to this stuff hiding in plain sight is now more interesting to me than weird underground shit. Oddly, stuff like Weezer for example probably flies under more radars than way out-there stuff thanks to the internet and Spotify and Youtube and all.