View Single Post
Old 05.07.2017, 04:54 PM   #224
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by betweenthebars
I'm digging In spades so far. Its early but so far I agree with you that its not quite as strong as Do To The Beast, but it has a more varied sound that was missing from that album.

Truthfully I'm having a hard time finding time to listen to anything but the new self titled Slowdive album. It is fantastic. As good as Souvlaki and is definitely my favorite album of the year so far. Sooooooo good.

I have not yet heard the new Slowdive. I guess it's the big legacy return album of the year. 2016's m b v. I haven't felt particularly compelled to check it out... never been big on Slowdive, always been more of a MBV/JAMC/Ride/Black Tambourine/Galaxie 500 kind of guy. But I'm not sure I've ever really understood them.

I will make a point to listen to the new album. From what I've read, it sounds a lot like... Slowdive. Sounds like it might be the Slowdiviest Slowdive album ever to be... slowly... dived. Not a particularly interesting prospect for me, but I'll give it a go.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|