View Single Post
Old 05.30.2006, 09:22 PM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
Vocalist/guitarist Paul Westerberg recently reunited with bassist Tommy Stinson and drummer Chris Mars to record a pair of new songs, "Message to the Boys" and "Pool and Dive." They will appear on the new compilation "Don't You Know Who I Think I Was?: The Best of the Replacements," due in stores June 13 on Rhino Records. The 20-track disc will include the band's best-known cuts, including "Bastards of Young," "Left of the Dial," "Kiss Me on the Bus" and "Here Comes a Regular."

Westerberg wrote the two new tracks and recorded them at Ed Ackerson's Flowers studio in Minneapolis. Mars contributed vocals, with session drummer Josh Freese taking Mars' place behind the kit.Rumors of a reunion were first reported on Wednesday after a mysterious photo appeared online showing the three Replacements in the studio with Freese.

A Rhino publicist confirmed remastered versions of the Replacements' studio albums will follow the compilation later this year, with a comprehensive box set due in 2007.

you can download one of the new songs (Message to the boys) below

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=512A981651CEDDEE

It sounds like something off of Tim or Please To Meet Me
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|